Running Therapy sessions: Running at a comfortable pace as a therapeutic activity
Runningtherapy is a personal running programme focussed on the body, well-being and mind. It consists of running sessions at a comfortable pace under professional guidance. The programme can be used as a complementary intervention to psychotherapy and medical treatment.
Core elements of running therapy are the slow pace and the extra possibilities, such as having a conversation while running. And a running therapist will guide you through the sessions.
Suitable for anyone who is physically and psychologically capable of participating in a session of running at a comfortable pace with a therapeutic Feel Good impact.
Book a Running Therapy Session or Course
> Running Therapy Taster Session & Intake
The price of a taster session & intake is €65. And it lasts 60 minutes.
> Running Therapy Session
The price of a private session is €65. And it lasts 60 minutes.
We start after an individual initial evaluation (intake).
> Running Therapy Course
A course consists of 12 sessions of running therapy. Each session lasts 60 minutes. The price of a course is €910.
We start a course after an individual initial evaluation. And after the first running session, you will receive a personalised training plan based on your goals and running level.
Running Therapy: Health Check*
- Can you walk, dance or cycle for an hour? Then you are physically ready for a session, as Running Therapy is a one-hour physical activity consisting of light cardio training and regular or repetitive movements.
- Do you get physical discomfort due to stress? Or do you tend to hold tension in your body? If so, check whether you are mentally capable of Running Therapy. During Runningtherapy, we tackle worries through the body to let them go.
- Discuss participation with your doctor if you have a medical history of heart trouble, chest pain(s), often feeling faint, blood pressure problems, bone or joint problem(s), operation(s), previous injuries, an injury in the last year or other physical conditions. And if you are currently pregnant.
How do you prepare yourself for a session?
- Please wear appropriate footwear.
- You may wish to bring a towel and water.
- Avoid eating at least one and a half hours before exercising.
More about Running Therapy
Comfortable running, like dancing or cycling
There are different ways to run. You can choose, for example, how fast, how long and how far you want to go.
For running therapy, a comfortable pace is used. We switch between running and walking. And the intensity of comfortable running is similar to that of dancing or cycling.
The entire session lasts about an hour. This also includes other essential workout components, such as a thorough warm-up and cool-down. And you can build up the distance every week, or choose a fixed number of kilometres.
Heart rate and Bodily Signs
Your heart rate is linked to your pace. If you can only give one-word answers while running, your speed and heart rate are too high.
The typical comfortable pace of running therapy is a pace that doesn’t place unnecessary strain on your body.
Goal: The benefits of running
The benefits of running are what we want to achieve by making your heart beat a bit faster and breathe a bit deeper.
The benefits include better blood circulation that results in more oxygen reaching the brain, which may help improve memory and concentration. Running slower also can improve overall fitness.
Have conversations during Running Therapy
At the pace of running therapy, you can have a conversation while you run. However, this is not necessary.
Other possibilities with Running Therapy
Other essential elements are included in the training plan of a running therapy session. Together, these elements form complete workout elements, including a thorough warm-up, a cool-down and a goal for each session.
Book your session with the appointment planner via the following link:
The appointment planner is also a Health Coach Tool. Use it to keep track of your measurements, eating, exercise and lifestyle. For yourself and to prepare for your sessions. Create a free account.
Read more about:
Terms and Conditions: Terms and Conditions
*Source: City Lit’s Health Check for exercise/movement programmes